About the job
Copperstone has grown from a tiny start-up to a passionate and hard-working team of 18 people, serving clients across North America and beyond. Our clients include many of the world’s largest mining companies and other industries operating at the edge of extreme environments. Our clients depend on our robots.
The Software Tester will work closely with the Software Team Lead and software team to produce code and test systems. To do this, the Software Developer needs to be a motivated, enthusiastic team member with a commitment to quality, and success as a team. The ideal candidate is an effective team worker, who listens well, respects diversity of opinions and has an open, clear and succinct communication style. The candidate will be able to identify and assess technology development opportunities, initiate and manage multiple ongoing product development projects, and recognize and define problems by collecting data and to draw relevant and valid conclusions.
The Software Tester will focus on the development of applications, code review, and quality assurance. This individual will be responsible for generating high quality code. The candidate should be excited to push robots to their limits in the field.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work with software team to create test plans and verification strategies to support ongoing development
- Work with software developers and hardware engineers to design and develop hardware in the loop (HIL) test platforms for autonomous rovers and subsystems
- Design test cases to verify, stress test, and break software running on the actual hardware
- Write tools to post-process data for automated testing and field testing
- Build simulations to aid testing
- Debug test failures and analyze root causes
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
- Review software developed by the team to ensure their reliability, security, and compliance
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Actively participate in meetings, make substantial contributions to design reviews, provide comment and suggestions on code reviews
- BSc or MSc in computer science or related discipline with 1-2 years of relevant experience
- 1-2 years of related root causes analysis experience or complex troubleshooting across multidisciplinary hardware and software systems
- Familiarity with embedded systems
- Comfortable with scripting e.g. Bash, Python
- Ability to read and understand C++ code
- Experience defining test automation strategies and driving its execution
- Strong technical writing skills and ability to write effective design docs, technical product documentation, etc.
- Be intellectually curious and have an unending desire to learn
- Experience in writing software in resource limited embedded system environments
- Strong programming skills in C++
- Experience with automated test frameworks (e.g. Robot Framework) and continuous integration systems (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI)
- Experience with Hardware in the Loop (HIL) testing
- Experience with safety critical applications (medical devices, aviation, or automation)
- Experience with performance and benchmark testing is an asset
- Experience working with simulations in the context of autonomous driving/robotics
Salary and Benefits
Expected salary range $55k-65k/year based on experience and qualifications. Flexible time-off vacation policy. Copperstone offers supplementary health and dental benefits.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume in the form below. We will follow up with selected candidates. Thanks in advance.